We want to support schools and teachers by:
- Meeting with you to help curate ideas for new books to add to your curriculum
- Communicating about new releases that are perfect for your students
- Offering our expertise in helping your team brainstorm standards that align with new texts and the common core
- Brainstorming ideas for unit assessments that align with our books suggestions
- Creating content that supports the work of teachers (read-aloud videos, blog posts, shout-outs, etc.)
- Planning special events exclusive to educators to celebrate YOU
- Providing discounts for book set, school media center, and individual purchases (we can usually beat the big-box or Internet company deals and your Iowa tax dollars can stay in Iowa!)
- Being a resource for any book challenges or concerns that arise in your district
- Inviting authors to interact with your students (virtually or in person) whenever possible
- Supporting our teaching friends in any way possible!
If you would like to begin the process of buying books with Dog-Eared Books, or if you have questions about any of our school services, please contact Ellyn Grimm, co-owner of Dog-Eared Books and our school sales and support representative.
Ellyn is a former 7-12 ELA teacher, having taught in the Williamsburg and Ames Community School Districts. She knows educators are some of the most crucial yet undervalued members of our communities, and her mission is to support them in this invaluable work. You can reach her at email@example.com.