Black Lives Matter
Week of Action 2022
Dog- Eared Books is a place committed to nurturing a love of reading in all members of our community by offering a curated and inclusive selection of books. We believe reading and storytelling make us better humans, connecting us and allowing us to better care for one another.
We are committed to acknowledging, respecting, and celebrating difference(s) and commonalities.
- Why Colorblindness is Counterproductive
- Ways Employers Can Decenter Whiteness
- Celebrating Diversity [in Schools] is Not Enough
- Video: How to Foster True Diversity and Inclusion at Work (and in your community)
- Video: The Importance of Using Inclusive Language
- Help Kids Learn the Difference Between Fitting In and Belonging
- NYC’s BLM Diversity Worksheet
We are committed to practicing empathy; we engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.
- Video: National Center for Civil and Human Rights: Empathy & Social Justice
- NYC’s BLM Empathy Worksheet
- Empathy+Equity = Justice
- Video: Feeling the Emotions of Racism: Embracing Feelings as a Form of Resistance
- Calls for Racial Justice Gained Steam with Empathy
- Video: Brené Brown on Empathy
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla Saad
- Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown
- All About Love by bell hooks
- Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine
- Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Peña